Real Madrid’s clash with Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday night marks game number 50 in charge for Zinedine Zidane. With one European Cup already in the bag and on a run of 33 games without defeat, doubts over his capabilities and complaints about Real Madrid’s playing style are starting to ring hollow.We have to go back to April for the last of those reverses when they were sloppy away to Wolfsburg and lost 2-0 and Dortmund certainly have a huge mountain to climb if they are to spoil Zidane’s 50th game party.
Porto, København, Sevilla and Lyon will vie for the remaining two places in the round of 16 on Wednesday while Dortmund and Madird go for top spot: we explain the last-day permutations.
Porto, København, Sevilla and Lyon will vie for the remaining two places in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday while Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and Juventus go for top spots: we explain the last-day permutations.
- Monaco have won the group with Leverkusen second.
- CSKA need to defeat Spurs to finish above them in third.
- Madrid require a victory against Dortmund to pip them to first place.
- Legia have to beat Sporting to overhaul them in the race for third.
- Leicester have won the group.
- København have a head-to-head advantage over Porto on away goals so will come second if they win and Porto do not.
- Brugge are consigned to fourth position.
- Juve are through and will top the group if they win or if Sevilla fail to win (due to Juve’s superior head-to head record).
- Lyon must overcome Sevilla by a margin of two goals or more to grab second ahead of their visitors. Sevilla won 1-0 at home so OL must better that victory in order to overtake their guests. One-nil would not be enough for Lyon as Sevilla would have the superior goal difference in all matches. Any other Lyon win by a one-goal margin and Sevilla go through on head-to-head away goals.
- Dinamo will finish fourth.
- source: ueafa.com